iPhone App: PhoneFlix
= 3 stars
Netflix queue management on the iPhone is something I’ve wanted for a while now, as it would be especially handy when out and about and someone recommends a flick to rent. PhoneFlix is an iPhone app that allows management of your Netflix queue.
- Works as advertised. The app displays your Netflix queue. Tap a movie to see a brief description and the queue management options (remove, move to top, enter a new position number).
- Search and browse allows you to look through the Netflix library. When you find a title you like, there’s an “add” button to add the movie to your queue.
- You can also see your recent activity, recommendations, and reviews.
- The interface uses the default Apple iPhone ones and feels rather bare-bones and inelegant. Example: There is no “edit” button where you can group delete and rearrange titles in the queue. You have to drill down to the individual titles and then click “remove from queue.”
- No Instant Queue management, no ability to rate movies.
This app does what it claims to, and for free. However, using it does feel like a bare-bones affair, and personally, the lack of Instant Queue management is a deal breaker. But if all you want to do is manage your regular queue for as little money as possible – you can’t beat the price on this one.
iTunes App Store Link: