Apple Updates MacBook, MacBook Pro
Apple is certainly falling into an impressive pattern of churning out an update every Tuesday since the start of 2008. Now we have a seemingly minor but welcome update to both the MacBook and MacBook Pro.
- Processor speeds are above 2.0 GHz for all models.
- The MacBook Pros have the multitouch track pad that was previously only in the MacBook air. The MacBooks do not have this feature.
- All models have 2 GB of RAM standard, except the cheapest MacBook.
- LED is used for the backlight on the MacBook Pros, but not the MacBook.
- MacBook Pro has an improved graphics card.
Personally, the cheapest MacBook is good enough. RAM is really cheap these days and all the bumped-up specs nearly seem like overkill for the average user, who browses the web, does email, and occasionally some word processing. But for anybody who does much more, the larger drive spaces and the improved video card in the MacBook Pro will be welcome.
One wonders what could possibly be coming in the weeks ahead.