Google May Help Yahoo… To Thwart Microsoft

February 3, 2008

Well… really brief post, but I hope something comes of it. Supposedly Google CEO Eric Schmidt has called Jerry Yang, offering some help to thwart Microsoft’s unfriendly bid for Yahoo!. They also published a worthy read on the Google blog entitled “Yahoo! and the future of the Internet“.

This story will definitely get more interesting in the days to come, that’s for sure. Although I initially mused that Google partnering with Yahoo! would definitely benefit Yahoo! more than Google, it may prove that just thwarting Microsoft would be enough reason for Google to do something here.

Comments

1. houserocker says:

Yes, please stop Microsoft! Microsoft will never beat Google, they’re always behind the trends and never set trends!!

2. Dave says:

Meanwhile, Ballmer & Co. continue to press forward: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g9cE_gI-aemyNxZQb7YOBC3rsNlQD8UJIQSO0

I can’t help but laugh at the Star Wars analogy this evokes for me. Yahoo caught in the middle, not knowing which side to choose. “Join us and together we will rule the galaxy/interwebs!”. “Don’t listen to them Yahoo!, they’re a sith lord!” Choices, choices…

…but then again, if things turn truly hostile, maybe there will be no choice.

“I’ll never join you!”

4. Fahad says:

Wow, I never expected that google might even try to go for yahoo. but it looks good to me. anything to destroy microsoft!

5. Fahad says:

6. suicidalsam says:

I just hope M$CRO$OFT does’nt get the bid accepted. It is hard enough with microsoft dominating the computer industry. Let google rule the internet.

7. suicidalsam says:

I just hope M$CRO$OFT does'nt get the bid accepted. It is hard enough with microsoft dominating the computer industry. Let google rule the internet.

8. suicidalsam says:

I hope microsoft gets it bid repelled. It is hard enough with microsofts monopoly in the computer industry. let google have the internet. :P

9. suicidalsam says: