Some Favorite Blog Posts Of 2007… On Other Blogs
As a year-end, holiday link sharing type thing, I thought I’d highlight some posts on other blogs that I really enjoyed over the past year, from various blogs I’ve read all throughout 2007.
- Louis Gray: Being Mac. Being Mormon. It’s Quite Similar: Mitt Romney is piquing Mormon awareness, and this Apple = Mormonism post is right on the edge of controversy and Apple fanboyism yet still keeping a sense of humor. The meat is the formative chart breaking down the similarities.
- WinExtra: Oh how I wish I could be a drooling fanboy: Steven Hodson writes WinExtra with a spiky but refreshingly honest outlook on technology. I find his jaded takes on Web 2.0 and Windows Vista essential reading. In this post he complains about Apple hype but somehow manages to toss in a Howdy Doody reference that had me chuckling.
- Elaine Vigneault: Simple, Satisfying Vegan Dinner, Our Thanksgiving Dinner (with pix), What Does A Vegan Eat? Baked Tofu on Quinoa and Artichoke: A picture is worth thousand words, and Elaine’s occasional forays into showing how delicious vegan food can be through photographs is really convincing stuff. I didn’t do very well on my “fatblogging” resolution at the start of 2007 by the way, so this might be the inspiration I need to eat better and lay off the crap.
- Internet Duct Tape: Catptions of my LOL Cat: Engtech has many excellent posts about hardcore nerd stuff, but his lighthearted “LOLcat my cat contest” was awesome fun to watch unfold. I wonder if teh kitteh knows he’s on teh internetz.
- Deep Jive Interests: What Its Like To Blog After Staying Up For (Almost) 42 Consecutive Hours: Tony Hung, in addition to keeping with tech news, raising a young son, and editing the Blog Herald, somehow manages to fit in an internal medicine residency. Yep, I’m a big slacker.
- ParisLemon: Dear Hollywood, Quit Making Wussy, Crap Comedies: Here’s a non-tech movie rant in which MG rails against crappy Hollywood movies. I often watch a trailer and just *know* all the best parts have been revealed. MG has a really good movie review site (Review In Haiku) which you can consult to save the exorbitant $10 or whatever they’re charging for a movie ticket these days.
- Tunequest: Nine Questions For The Polish Ambassador: Mr. Tunequest pointed The Polish Ambassador in my direction and I got a free, excellent CD to review (think the soundtrack to the IT Crowd). Anyhow, Mr. Tunequest wrote up an amusing interview with Mr. Ambassador.
- The Consumerist: Jo-Ann Fabrics Refuses To Let Customer Use Bathroom, Even As She Suffers Diarrhea Right In Front Of Them: Because of that great headline any time someone types “Fabrics” and “Diarrhea” into Google they’ll find their way to this awesome tale of woe. Blogs rule.
- Generation X Finance: 24 Signs That You Could Be In Financial Trouble: This year, I somehow happened across the excellent Generation X Finance blog, and enjoyed reading the series on financial trouble signs. I don’t think many readers of this blog have money troubles, but if you’re a blogger, you can bask in the wonder of an excellent post-series containing truly useful information.
Honestly there are many more cool blog articles I read over this past year, and these are just the ones that were easy for me to track down.