Rest Of The TechCrunch 40
Here’s a short list of the remaining TechCrunch 40 presenters that I’m intrigued enough to check out:
- Xobni: That’s “inbox” backwards – a plug-in that installs over Outlook that supposedly makes email management way easier.
- App2you: I’ve been wondering when the whole “user-created-content” thing would finally extend to building web applications. This could be cool.
- Mint: Definitely useful; the only hurdle is the security implications of putting one’s financial information on the web in one place. I’m still a desktop Quicken die-hard.
- XRT3D: Sounds cool because I still want to do the Minority Report thing.
- mEgo: Might have to try this out after having far too much fun playing with the Yahoo! Avatar Creator.
- Spottt: While I find AdBrite and Phil Kaplan amusing, isn’t this just a banner exchange?
That’s about it. After thinking about the 40 companies that were lined up, I’m actually kind of surprised they felt the need to expand to 40. I’ve already forgotten some of the companies that were profiled, and there seemed to be some overlap with a number of them – web apps for kids, etc.
But now that I have a short list, I hope to check these sites out in more detail and write a post for each.