My 1,000th Post
Woohoo. Hard to believe, but this is post number 1,000.
I think this blog is now about a year and a half old and it’s been an entertaining ride.
Highlights: Three front page diggs, links from Valleywag / Techmeme / various others, iPhone correspondent in the field, writing for the Blog Herald, contests, funny / unique responses to posts.
Lowlights: Disparaging comments, scads of spam, site going down, fatigue.
Truth be told, I have a fair amount of bad or terrible posts – especially during the early days or the period of a few months where I was trying to post three times a day with mixed results.
Anyhow, after a quick review here are five posts I’m most proud of for various reasons.
- The Best And Worst James Bond Films: Took me a while. I need to find another project like this.
- Blog Growth Stalling: Some Reasons Why I Nearly Quit Blogging: Obviously, I didn’t quit.
- Movie Notes: Seventies Sci-Fi: Do I watch too many movies?
- The Beatles: Ten Best Songs: Still a Beatles fan.
- Battlestar Galactica: Who’s The Cylon?: Turns out I was pretty much wrong.
Thanks to all the readers – at this point you’re the #1 reason why I’m forging ahead to post #2,000. A third contest is in the works after #2 is complete; shortly, to “give back”!