iPhone: Update From The Palo Alto Apple Store #1
Photo by JC: iPhone: Palo Alto Appple Store Line
Just got the first notes and a photograph from JC, who is waiting in line at the Palo Alto Apple Store:
Got here at 7. The line was about half way down the block. 100-150 people or so. I hope I’m not screwed.
Scoble arranged for some free bagels for us all. Someone also sent some Krispy Cremes down the line.
I love Apple people.
A UPS truck arrived a short while ago. Could it be reinforcements? More likely just a delivery of service parts. Apple usually uses FedEx for deliveries.
Man, that sounds like a party – especially the Scobleizer bagels! Might have to stop by either the Apple Store in San Francisco or the one in Burlingame (closer to where I live) to feel the love.
Here are some iPhone related links from this morning:
- Apple released iTunes 7.3, which supports the iPhone and photo streaming for the Apple TV.
- Blackfriar’s Marketing calls iDay “the biggest consumer electronics launch in history.”
- Seems like the Apple iPhone user’s manual is all videos presented by the relaxed Steve Jobs doppelganger. A new one is called “Finger Tips”.
- Valleywag reports the first attempted iPhone mugging, and it was Steven Levy if my memory serves me correctly, wrote a cool book about the Mac.
- AT&T may be scrambling to improve the performance of their EDGE network.
- iPhone: No Flash support. Teh sux.
- Teresa writes: Why I’m not in line for the iPhone.
- Robert Scoble’s Palo Alto line report. Geek celebrity: Bill Atkinson (early Mac developer).
- The Mayor of Philadelphia is waiting in line for an iPhone.
More to come!