iPhone Insanity: Day Zero
Here’s the last slew of links (which should be a relief to all of you weary of the iPhone hype). But today is going to be iPhone Day, iDay, whatever you want to call it because at 6 PM the iPhone goes on sale! Months of speculation and waiting will be over. Then I’ll get back to blogging about important stuff like LOLcats and James Bond.
As mentioned earlier, a friendly “correspondent” JC has promised to send some updates as he attempts to get his iPhone at the Palo Alto store, meaning pictures and some text summaries. He’s due to get down there around 11 AM and I hope he’s successful.
Therefore, instead of the usual two posts today there will be as many posts as necessary to get the full iPhone experience out of my system.
So here are the links for today:
- Apple Store in San Francisco proper has already gotten “nutty.” Gizmodo has some video and pictures, including some circus freaks. Dare I check it out myself?
- Scoble is in Palo Alto, diggnation too.
- Line in Palo Alto is already at about 40 people.
- Yet another thought that the iPhone’s biggest flaw might be AT&T. Now folks are honing in on the slower EDGE network as a potential deal breaker.
- WinExtra theorizes that even if the iPhone sucks, the hype is so huge that it won’t matter.
- iPhones are showing up at the stores.
- A blogger offers five reasons why they won’t be buying an iPhone today.