Video Games: Blizzard Announces StarCraft 2

May 19, 2007

Oh yeah… StarCraft was one of my favorite computer games ever, and Blizzard is going to take another stab at it. This should rock. Zerg, Protoss, carriers, the whole nine yards. Here’s a post with some juicy screen shots of the alien on alien action.

There are also some videos of the gameplay, which I’m trying to download, but I think the servers are kinda slow.

Depending on how detailed you want to get, there’s also a list of all the new units for each of the races (Zerg, Protoss, and humans).

I used to play as the Protoss and the Zerg, and it looks the Protoss has the most new units – something called the Colossus which is described as similar to a tripod from War of the Worlds. There are some new flying units, including a Mothership which sounds even more powerful than the carriers.

Anyhow this sounds freaking awesome. I just hope the computer requirements aren’t insane where I have to upgrade just to play…

Comments

1. sc2 says:

I just saw the preview trailer and gameplay videos. It looks awesome. A group of Zealots slaughter marines, who are then wiped out by siege tanks, that are eaten up by protoss immortals, who gets beaten up by some marines with jumpacks which are then defeated by Protoss Stalkers. Really cool.

2. Starcraft 2 says:

Totally nice!
    I also found some pretty nice information and Starcraft 2 Movies at http://www.starcraftnews.com

Wow, after checking out some of those videos I’m really excited. Those Protoss Collosus units look incredible… dang I would love to be a beta tester on this one…!

4. Dan says:

There’s a fantastic HD gameplay video on the Starcraft 2 site now. It’s got a developer commentary of sorts too. This is now my official most wanted game!

My Life For Aiur…!

6. mark says:

WE’ve got a great starcraft 2 community building up at http://www.starcraft2forum.org

This is a great game!

7. GameLover says:

U-tub also has some great Starcraft 2 videos. I can never understand the zerglings new ability, the green egg thing…

8. Starcraft 2 says:

Thats great, i couldt wait more!!!

Well… hope it is ready on feb 2008, im zerg user and i am waiting lot of surprises, cheers =D